Scotland's largest
and most effective
education trade union

Join the EIS

Created: 28 July 2010 | Last Updated: 23 April 2016 | Printer Friendly Version Printer Friendly Version | Make Text Smaller Make Text Larger |

Tax Relief - How to claim it

Tax relief on two thirds of the EIS, Political Fund and relevant Local Association subscriptions may be claimed when completing your annual Tax Return or in writing. Claims may also be made in arrears for up to four years and in all cases the claims should be on the basis of the full amount paid and not on the proportion which is allowable for tax purposes.

Details of the last 4 year's subscriptions may be obtained by completing the following form:





or Home Address:



Claims for tax relief should be submitted in writing to HMRC. Contact details and further information are available from their website.