Following a successful EIS-ULA Conference in Edinburgh on Wednesday 12th March 2014, the following motions were carried........
1. "That this Conference endorses Scottish National Bargaining on Pay in Higher Education.”
2. "That this Conference supports our Action Short of Strike Action in pursuit of fair pay in HE.”
3. "That this Conference instructs the Executive to explore different forms of industrial action.”
4. "That this Conference endorses closer joint working with other Unions on events discussing the future of Higher Education within Scotland.”
5. "That this Conference instructs the Executive to carry out a survey of members on work-related stress.”
6. "That this Conference condemns the Principal and Senior Management Group at Glasgow Caledonian University for providing a platform for David Cameron on Friday 7th February 2014.”
7. "That this Conference calls for two posts to be created; a Researcher and an Organising Assistant, to assist the National Officer in supporting ULA Branches.”