The website www.eis.org.uk (the "Site”) is operated by The Educational Institute of Scotland, an organisation registered in Scotland and having its registered office at 46 Moray Place, Edinburgh, EH3 6BH ("we” or "us”).
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:-
• information that you provide when you fill in our feedback form on the homepage;
• Information that you provide to us when you log into the secured (members only) pages of the website.
• Information that you provide to us when you log into and participate in our forums.
• Information that you provide to us when you e-mail us, request us to contact you to reset or reregister your password.
• information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Site (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation).
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org. However, you should bear in mind that if you exercise this option, you may be unable to use some of our on-line services.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:-
• administer the Site;
• improve your browsing experience by personalising the Site;
• enable your use of the services available on the Site;
• send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
• address enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Site;
• to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the organisation and the services we offer;
• for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
• to contact you for your views on our services.
We may contact you by post and by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us such as our employees, officers, agents, or partners (such as surveyors) as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy or for purposes approved by you.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational security precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and although we will take the reasonable security measures outlined above we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Please help us keep our records secure and updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information:-
•may be subject to payment of a nominal fee; and/or
•will be subject to your provision of evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this Site is The Educational Institute of the Scotland.