This interactive, one-day course is aimed at nursery, primary and secondary teachers and will focus on:
- The range of circumstances that might give rise to migration
- National and local migrant and refugee populations and their needs
- Legal rights of migrants and refugees in relation to education
- What support you can expect from the school and local authority
- The range of needs migrant children may have – learning, social, emotional, linguistic, cultural etc
- Whole school approaches to inclusion, diversity and a welcoming ethos
- Approaches to supporting migrant and refugee children in class, and engaging with their families
- Signposting of other sources of support for both teachers and families.
Dates, times and venues:
• Perth: Wednesday 24th January 2018, 9.30-4, The Subud Centre, 7 St Leonard’s Bank, Perth - PLACES AVAILABLE.
• Glasgow: Wednesday 31st January 2018, 9.30-4, STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, Glasgow - SORRY, NOW FULLY BOOKED. Waiting list and notes of interest for future courses only.
Please email Lesley Walker, clearly stating your name, establishment and your preferred date and venue, and if you have any dietary, access or other requirements.