Published online the latest statistics on work-related health and safety in Great Britain, including the following key annual figures (2018/19):
- 1.4 million working people suffering from work-related ill health
- 2,526 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2017)
- 147 workers killed at work
- 581,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 69,208 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 28.2 million working days lost due to work-related ill health and workplace injury
- £15 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2017/18)
The release provides detailed commentary on these figures and is supported by:
- The Statistics webpages, with a range of information e.g. on different types of work-related ill-health and different industry sectors.
- A comprehensive set of tables, designed to make the data accessible to users.
- Our annual infographic-style summary booklet.