Created on: 20 Sep 2011 | Last modified: 23 Apr 2020

School Based Issue:

When there is a matter about your work you wish to raise, make direct contact with appropriate person in your school – e.g. PT Music, Head or Depute Head.

If the response is unsatisfactory to you, or you have further concerns, seek advice from the school EIS Representative. If necessary, ask him/her to be present in any further discussions on the matter in the school.

You may also wish to contact your EIS Local Association Secretary.


Instrumental Service Issue:

Make direct contact with your service manager. If there are still issues you wish to pursue, contact your EIS Instrumental Music Teacher Network Member or EIS Local Association Secretary.


Network IMT Responsibilities:

  • On election to the EIS Network make sure you contact your EIS Local Association Secretary

  • Communicate with and provide support for IMT EIS members in your area

  • Communicate and work in collaboration with your EIS Local Association on issues relevant to IMTs in your local area

  • Don't Forget – EIS IMT Network Members are accountable to the EIS Local Association.

You may wish to seek election to the EIS Local Executive either as an IMT Network Member or through direct election (details from EIS Local Secretary).